We were recently sent a counterfeit Ping G15 Hybrid. This particular counterfeit was not a very good one. As you can see in the pictures, there are a few differences that stand out more than others.
COUNTERFEIT PING G15 HYBRID DIFFERENCES
1. The paint on the sole was more of an orange than red.
2. The paint on the fake club goes all the way to the edge of the crown.
3. There is a half moon on the crown on the counterfeit, but the real thing is solid black.
4. The grip feels smaller than a standard size grip and it was installed on the shaft in a different orientation.
5. The shaft graphics are much larger on the counterfeit G15 than on the real one.
Overall, this doesn’t look to be a very good fake and just feels like an inferior piece of equipment. There are certainly good fakes and bad fakes out there, so make sure you are buying from a trusted source the next time you purchase new equipment.