We received a counterfeit Ping G30 Driver and have posted pictures below to show the differences between an authentic driver and the counterfeit we received. In comparison to other knockoff clubs we have had traded in to us, this counterfeit Ping G30 is pretty well made. The quality isn’t nearly as bad as many of the other clubs we have had sent to us. Even though it is better than some, there are still several easily noticeable differences when compared to an authentic Ping G30.
Differences Between Counterfeit Ping G30 and the Authentic Version
- The first thing I noticed is the the raised “Turbulators” on the crown go right to the edge on the real driver and there is a gap on the fake.
- On the sole, the lettering for the G30 and the loft are white on the counterfeit, but gray on the authentic club.
- The weight on the sole looks significantly different.
- The font on the serial number is much larger on the counterfeit than the authentic club.
- The word LOFT near the hosel is in a different font than the real thing.
- There is a rubber piece around the screw that is falling apart on the counterfeit.
Please be careful when purchasing clubs and make sure to buy from a reputable seller who you feel comfortable with. If buying clubs on eBay, make sure the seller has good feedback and has at least a couple hundred transaction under his belt. If an eBay seller has a feedback profile similar to ours, you should feel pretty good about purchasing from them. Take a look at the pictures and let us know if you have any questions.
And remember, if you have some used clubs laying around taking up space, go to our TRADE IN PAGE and quickly get cash for your used clubs.