We recently received a counterfeit TaylorMade Burner 2.0 iron set, but we were able to identify that they were fake. Below are some comparison photos between the counterfeit iron and an authentic version, as well as some of the factors that helped us identify the inauthentic clubs.
Counterfeit TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Iron Set Differences
- The ferrule on the counterfeit clubs is shorter and does not have the silver ring like the original club.
- The finish on the authentic clubs is a shinier metal than the counterfeit version.
- The design within the cavity on the counterfeit clubs is embossed differently than on the authentic version. It is not raised as high and is a lighter color.
- The silver portion on the top of the counterfeit club is larger. The angles cut much wider than on the authentic club.
- The neck of the authentic clubs has a serial number just above the TaylorMade logo.
- The TaylorMade logo on the neck of the counterfeit club is inaccurate. The font is different and the specialized “T” is set too far from the rest of the name.
[Read more…] about Counterfeit TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Iron Set