We received a nearly new set of counterfeit Titleist AP2 712 irons. Below are some comparison photos to an authentic Titleist AP2 712 iron. I have also listed some things that will help you identify the counterfeit version:
COUNTERFEIT TITLEIST AP2 712 IRONS DIFFERENCES
- AP2 is written in much larger font
- “Forged” is not as bold.
- Silver piece around Titleist has much sharper edges.
- The rubber piece coming from the cavity looks more like the older 710 models.
- The font on the sole is larger, but not as bold
- The brushed chrome covers more of the sole on the authentic club
- The distance between the bottom groove and the sole is larger on the counterfeit.
- The font on the grip is bolder on the counterfeit club.
- The ring around the bottom of the grip is white and has a break in it on the real club. It is gray and on the counterfeit.
- The Project Shaft bands are much brighter blue on the counterfeit.
- The silver part on the Project Shaft Band is more satin on the real club and more shiny chrome on the fake.