We received a counterfeit Titleist MB 710 iron set today and happen to have a set of the real thing to compare them to. Unfortunately the real set we had did not have the original grips, so we couldn’t compare the grips, but look at our posting for the counterfeit AP2 irons and that should help. Below are some comparison pictures as well as a few of the differences pointed out.
COUNTERFEIT TITLEIST MB 710 IRON SET DIFFERENCES
- The serial number on the 6 iron is lasered on and in a larger font, while the real set has it engraved into the metal.
- MB is written in much larger font.
- “Forged” is not as bold.
- MB is inset more.
- Titleist is written in a much thinner font.
- The font on the sole is not as bold.
- Ferrule has a silver line around it and isn’t as tall.
- The Project X Shaft bands are much brighter blue on the counterfeit.
- The silver part on the Project Shaft Band is more satin on the real club. It is more shiny chrome on the fake.
- The fake clubs do not wear the same because the metal isn’t as soft. This mean you will not see the bag chatter like on the real clubs.